Frequence is a leader in local advertising sales automation and workflow software. The platform increases sales velocity by removing routine tasks and creates personalized, multi-channel proposals and advertising insights.
Frequence was recognized by Bay Area News Group as a Top Workplaces company for 2020!
As a QA Engineer, you will
- Work with your development teammates to create workflow products that are stable, scalable, and high-performing
- Understand the product requirements of the platform and collaborate with product managers and developer leads
- Have a passion for finding defects through the development of thoughtful test strategies and procedures and that ensure maximum test coverage for all functionality
- Have intuition for where to look for defects manually is an essential asset to the team. You should enjoy designing the test strategy, including some web-based applications as well as backend test strategies
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle to ensure functional completeness and accuracy
- Conduct product testing using exploratory, functional test case, and regression (manual and automated) methods
- Develop an in-depth level of knowledge of the platform and supported features
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Reproduce, Debug, and Document the production issues reported by enterprise clients
- Work closely with offshore team members QA’s during evenings or morning hours
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 0-2 years of experience in testing web applications in a large application development environment
- Strong experience in writing database queries using SQL or SQL tools like Toad, etc.
- Experience testing Web Interfaces and Data-Load Interfaces and Reports
- Communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, priority allocation, and task management skills
- Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Ability to adhere to the development process and deadlines
Education and Employment Status Requirements:
- BS in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other technical degrees
- 0-2 years of QA experience with a manual focus
- Must be eligible to work for any US employer. Visa sponsorship is NOT available.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Onsite basketball court and fitness center (when office is reopened)
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunch catered daily (when office is reopened)
- Proximity to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View shops and restaurants