Frequence is a leader in local advertising sales automation and workflow software. The platform increases sales velocity by removing routine tasks and creates personalized, multi-channel proposals and advertising insights. The improved workflow reduces operational costs and increases productivity and campaign performance.
We are a fast-growing startup company with our headquarters in Mountain View, CA (currently working at home). Our diverse team is made up of media solutions experts, engineers, designers, and salespeople. We are 100% privately owned by our 200+ team members.
Frequence was recognized by Bay Area News Group as a Top Workplaces company for 2020!
We are accepting applications from full-time remote candidates for this position.
We are seeking:
We are seeking an experienced Ad Operations Manager with a background in RTB media buying to join our team. The role of the Ad Operations Manager will be to manage ongoing operations and organizational development of the Programmatic Buying team. The focus of this role will be the leadership and development of the team members, work process design, and change management of new technology and growth.
- Leadership: Responsible for leading the programmatic buying team by consistently delivering balanced, solutions-based leadership to all challenges encountered.
- RTB/Platform Expertise: Responsible for being the subject matter expert in RTB and Frequence platform for the purpose of managing issue escalations, effective client-facing communication, strategic planning, team member training, and reliable decision-making.
- Organization: Responsible for building and maintaining a structure of people and processes who have the skills and resources needed to perform the required tasks of the team.
- Mentoring and Coaching: Responsible for supporting and guiding team members in their professional development.
- Monitoring: Responsible for understanding how the team and all individuals are tracking against both its short and long-term responsibilities.
- Evaluating team members: Responsible for assessing the performance of each individual team member, providing them with actionable feedback both in their annual performance review and throughout the year.
- Work Improvement Issues: Responsible for identifying team members with below standard levels of work performance and communicating to the individual the necessary steps to meet standards over a given period of time. Responsible for removing people from the team who are not able to meet the performance level after reasonable attempts to assist the individual have been unsuccessful.
- Communication: Responsible for understanding and sharing the vision, goals, and objectives of the company and communicating how the vision relates to the team and each individual specifically.
- Collaboration: Responsible for working effectively with all teams within Frequence, Executive leadership, and Clients to drive beneficial outcomes for the team and company.
- Hiring: Responsible for identifying the skills and attributes needed for successful new hires and assisting in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring decision making.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years of successful experience in an ad operations role with a minimum of 2 years experience managing direct reports.
- Expertise in buy-side programmatic technology (DSPs, ad servers). Hands-on RTB campaign management experience.
- Strong familiarity with advertising and digital marketing concepts and terminology
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solution-focused with a high degree of ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict
- Ability to manage and prioritize work with a high degree of autonomy
- A great co-worker with a strong interest in adding to our company culture and contributing to a positive work environment
- Full-time competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits